Saturday, June 6, 2009

My inspiration

To preserve some level of privacy and anonymity (especially for my son) I will be using fake names for my husband and son. Plus it seems like so much fun!

My husband, Roscoe, and I met in 2004*. We married in 2006, bought a house in 2007, and had our first child in 2008. Hmmm, what will this year bring? He is an amazing man and husband who provides a wonderful home (and much more) for the three of us. We think alike so often it's sometimes scary, although very refreshing when it comes to parenting and politics.

Our only son, Rooster, is a lively little boy who brightens our day (and night for that matter). That's a strange name, you say...well when he wakes up consistently at the first sign of daylight it's very, very fitting. He turns 7 months in a couple days. What an incredibly fascinating stage of life he is in. It was just a few months ago that he could barely hold his head up and now he's sitting alone and inching toward crawling every day.

I never thought I would be blessed enough to have the above. But I am and I thank God for it every day.

*Update/Correction: Oops. Roscoe reminded me that we actually met in 2003. Sorry, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Thank you for your comment!