Friday, June 5, 2009

Well, here I am...

...beginning a new journey of writing a blog. Why does this sound intimidating to someone who has made the choice to go through with it? Well, I'm a very private person, that's why. Alas, sometimes aspects of our personality need to be overcome.

It all started years ago when, after 9/11 occurred, I became a full-blown conservative. I'd like to say I've been this way my whole life. Not so. I didn't use to care about the national deficit (by the way it's currently $11,381,003,533,303.50), I assumed the government always had the interest of the people at it's heart (right?...), and I figured taxes were a necessary evil (yes and no). Fast forward to today. Thanks to reading tons of books, listening to hours upon hours of talk radio, and getting to know sites on the Internet that actually provide accurate info, I am now a very well-informed and opinionated American.

I will not only sound off about politics though. Yes, it's the major driving force behind this blogs creation, but I have come to be strong-willed in many other areas of life too (an effect of becoming a wife and mother). In addition to being conservative, I'm an attachment parenting, running, cloth-diapering, ECing, health-conscious, happy, freedom-loving wife and mother who seeks joy in life through all of the above plus reading, gardening, sewing, cooking, etc.

As the title suggests there are many interests I will touch on. My time with each may be limited but by no means does it lesson the passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Thank you for your comment!